Saturday, November 26, 2005

On to another house...

I've been enjoying this one too much to put it down right now, so I started another house tonight - House 8. As I suspect it will be with all 12 of the blocks, this one is so very different to stitch than was the first one. Oddly, even the color key is different for this block. I got used to certain symbols being certain colors, and now all of that is changed. Kind of odd. Maybe I will keep with this one again tomorrow, but the Drawn Thread SAL is calling to me too... maybe a little of each tomorrow?

One of Mike's friends popped in today on a visit from Pennsylvania. He was telling me about his and his wife's adventures in adopting a baby out of Russia. It was a really interesting story. After several trials, though, they adopted an 18 month old boy in September. It sure is a different world over there than it is here. I was shocked to learn that his son was fed primarily milk and tea in the orphanage. Yikes!!!

Introducing one of the Red Sox' newest superstars. This weekend the Boston Red Sox acquired two new superstars, as well as a third player, from the Florida Marlins. Josh Beckett, starting pitcher and World Series 2003 MVP is now with the Boston Red Sox :-) He is a known "Yankee Killer" already, so welcome to Boston, Josh! Along with him comes Mike Lowell, third baseman. I hear wonderful things, but sadly this means we will likely bid farewell to Bill Mueller, one of my favorite Red Sox :-( Ah, sports can be so heart wrenching! No news yet on Johnny Damon or Manny Ramirez.... holding my breath, would love to see them both come back! (photo from www.redsox.com)

Stitched on today: Houses of Hawk Run Hollow

7 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Hi Carol, that's lovely progress - you will definitely not let this project slip out of your mind now, will you ;o) The colours are so pretty.

Congratulations on your friends' success in adopting a boy! That is wonderful!

Bastet said...

Progress is going well. With this one in your system, you'll definately make a large dent in it before something else starts screaming at you.

Unknown said...

The little houses is really a lovely piece. I was looking at the link you have to the completed design and it is really interesting. How cute would just one of those house squares be in a pillow? Are the squares large? I think there is a house themed exchange coming up soon... :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

You're being persistent!!!!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Great progress on your houses. It really is a beautiful project, expecially with the VC silks. What does the piece call for originally?

mainely stitching said...

You are rocking on HoHRH!I can't wait to finally begin ...

International adoption is really different ... we've also looked into it (S. America & China). Glad that it worked out for your friends!

Bine said...

Carol, when I saw the picture at stitching bits and bobs I wasn't hooked. But now after seeing your progress pics I fell in love with it. It looks so delicate!!! Do you stitch with one over two?