Saturday, November 19, 2005

Keep an eye out...

...For a Happy Dance! I've been doing a lot of backstitching today, and barring any unforeseen circumstances, I should be able to finish up tomorrow! The light at the end of the tunnel is definitely growing brighter now! I am glad I picked up an extra skein of DMC 823 while I was at AC Moore today picking up some DMC that Bea needs. I knew I was running short on it (I am using it for backstitching the border), and sure enough, I did need to start using the extra skein.

The mailman brought me the Treasure Trove linen Reflections from Silkweaver today and I love it! I can't wait to decide what to stitch on it. This is the fabric I exchanged for the Tranquility belfast that was just too green for my use. I have been eyeing Treasure Trove on their site for some time now, and it sure did not disappoint me.

Well, tonight was the last race of the NASCAR Busch Series, and Ryan Newman won the race. He ran only 9 races in the Busch Series this year, but managed to win 6 of those 9. Excellent job Ryan! Meanwhile, Martin Truex, Jr won the Series Championship. Hopefully Ryan will run well tomorrow, which is the final race of the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series.... he can't win the championship, but he can still win the race, right?? LOL. He looks a little rigid and perhaps overwhelmed in this photo... must have been hectic there with the Championship also being awarded after the race. (photo from www.nascar.com)

Since AC Moore is up at the Mall, I managed to pop over to Best Buy and pick up Stealth on DVD...

Stitched on today: Legends of the Dragons

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Carol, your smoking needles are nearing the finish. Well done.
Oooo Stealth out on DVD, I loved that film and it's a must to buy for me.

Jenn said...

I'm getting my dancing shoes out and ready. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Tick-tock I'm waiting!!!

Kimmie said...

Hope you don't mind me sticking in my 2 cents. I just started cross-stitching again and enjoy the blogs.

Those dragons are fabulous!!!!!

Gill said...

Your dragons are looking fantastic! Its great to see all 3 of them together .... looking forward to seeing the finished article.

Anonymous said...

YAY! I can't believe you're almost finished. You have really been moving along on this one recently and it looks SO NICE! Can't wait to see the finish!