Friday, November 11, 2005

Medieval Town Mandala Update

OK, motoring along a bit with Part 2 now... gee, not really sure how I like the vines with the bright turquoise backstitching, but I will go with the flow :-) Wow, though, the diagram Martina gave us for the little lavender Jessica stitches is amazing.... she gives us the count from one to fourteen to follow the pattern of the stitch, and then suddenly fifteen became 29... took a second to see what she did here. It is an obvious typo, and not a big deal for me as I have done Jessicas before, and actually like them a whole lot... but that diagram is going to mess a whole lot of stitchers up!! I get the Yahoo group's message in digest form, so I am not sure if anyone has written about it yet.... I have to backstitch the other three vines now, and then more gold around all of this to finish off Part 2. I sure hope Part 3 is not enormous, as the holidays are coming up now... I think Martina gave us a very huge piece to do in December last year in the Mystery VI group - yikes!!! I am hoping to get some of my WIPS done by the end of the year, so I don't want to get too tied up with Part 3 (gulp)!

Aw geesh... looky what Ryan Newman did today at the very end of practice - he was running fastest, commenting on perfect his car was... all looked great! But then, he hit the wall! Forced to a back up car yet again for Sunday... and he has already shown us how poorly he runs in back up cars. So, unless he brought an amazing back up car to Phoenix, his already super slim chances to win the Cup are gone now! (photo from www.nascar.com)

I am really thrilled about this little ebay win today - I only recently paid attention to this chart, Winter in My Garden - and after looking at it closely, I just had to get it! The gardener in me was totally charmed by this woman's planning of her garden during the winter months... that's what I do! This must be stitched soon!!
You Are Balanced - Realist - Empowered

You feel your life is controlled both externally and internally.
You have a good sense of what you can control and what you should let go.
Depending on the situation, you sometimes try to exert more control.
Other times, you accept things for what they are and go with the flow.

You are a realist when it comes to luck.
You don't attribute everything to luck, but you do know some things are random.
You don't beat yourself up when bad things happen to you...
But you do your best to try to make your own luck.

You have a good deal of power, but you also know the pecking order.
You realize that working the system does get you further.
You know who to defer to and who to control.
When it comes to the game of life, you play things flawlessly.


Stitched on today: Medieval Town Mandala

10 comments:

lobea2004 said...

Hi Carol, the Kingdom Sampler is a beautiful design. You always tempt me with interesting patterns, but I must be strong this time. I'll follow you and I hope you'll choose the Kingdom Sampler.

cathymk said...

I like Winter in my Garden too. A classic lady indeed. Love how your Medieval Town is coming along - looking lovely.

Bastet said...

MTM is coming along very nicely. It took me a moment to figure out what you ment by the turquoise vines...it's way too early for me. Maybe it'll work out in the end.

Kitty Couture said...

How beautiful! I love those colours. Have a great weekend!

Anne S said...

Ooh, now I personally adore the turquoise backstitching ... but it really does make it very turquoise, doesn't it? I'm biased, though, as turquoise is one of my very fave shades of blue - yummo!

Anonymous said...

Carol who is the designer of the Winter in my Garden? I think I would love to do this one, if I could get it.
Your Mandala is coming along really nicely. Well done.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

MTM is looking amazing. I really love the fountain in the middle.

I too just got Winter in my Garden...another stitcher had gotten it in a grab bag and didn't want it. Needless to say I snatched it up real quick. The other ones in the series are beautiful too.

Anonymous said...

MTM looks really good, Carol! The vines are a bit bright in color, but ultimately, I'm sure the design will balance out. You do such nice work. :)

Anne S said...

Thanks for your lovely comments as always :) Sorry, but I can't say Winter in my Garden is that tempting - I'd really love to do a SAL with you, though ... I'll be keeping a close eye on your stitching plans to see what's in my stash ;P BTW Mermaids is looking absolutely stunning - that really is a beautiful project! I'm a bit tempted to join you with Pacific, although I'm supposed to be on the Wagon from way too much overspending lately LOL.

Unknown said...

Oh I love the winter in my garden series, have the three that are out! I will definately SAL with this one!

Legends looks great! I'm hoping to finish the backstitching on the dragon today, been working little by little at that. :)