Thursday, November 03, 2005

Now I am really confused...

You see, I went and posted my anticipated rotation schedule for the month, and now it is the 3rd and I have not adhered to it even once. Sigh. Some days are tougher than others, especially since some of my clients are more taxing than others. Today was one of those tough days, so I could not resist picking up my favorite piece to stitch when I am tired, Girl with Cat. I was supposed to work on Legends of the Dragons tonight, but in all honesty all is cool - I worked on that at work this morning anyhow!!!


Silkweaver had a surprise batch of solos up today - all 40 ct newcastle linen - I got there late, hardly anything left, but I did get these two - maybe they will be nice for some of the Blackbird Designs samplers I have on my to do list... oh, they will be lovely for something!!

Well, tomorrow is a bit of a big day for me. I have not been to the dentist in some time now. I do take immaculate care of my teeth - brushing, flossing, fluoride rinse twice a day - but no dental insurance = yikes, no dentist! I have health insurance, but not dental. I am self-employed, and dental is near impossible to get when you are self-employed. But, I have to go tomorrow at 7:45 AM - I had some lovely almonds as a snack last night (my favorite low carb snack treat, plus they are heart healthy!!), and part of an old filling came out. Yuck. I don't plan to live like that! So, tomorrow I have to get up plenty early and make sure I have my checkbook with me! I get the day off, though. My clients laughed when I called to tell them why I would be out - I figure it is good for them to know their therapist is responsible enough to take care of her teeth and is good role modeling for them :-) I need a crown too - have needed one for years - OK, I will get that set up too while I am there - I am brave :-)

Cursed Abomination from the Ruined Ominous Labyrinth

(Got this from Amanda - a little late for Halloween, but very fun to play with!!)

Stitched on today: Legends of the Dragons and Girl with Cat

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the dentist Carol. I hate going to the dentist, but I think I may have to aswell :( Girl with Cat is coming along really nicely, I can't wait to see her completed.

Unknown said...

lol @ you being worried about how much your trip to the dentist will be. And how much did we spend on stash last month? I'm sure your trip will be relatively low coast especially since you take such good care of your teeth. Those linens you got are amazing... off to check out the SW site.

Kitty Couture said...

Ouch! Good luck at the dentist!

Bastet said...

Girl with Cat is coming along quite well. She's going to be very beautiful when you're done. Can't wait for the next update.

Lelia said...

good luck at the dentist -- hope it doesn't flatten your wallet too much.

Thanks for the progress photo -- girl w/cat is beautiful

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Girl with cat is gorgeous! lol at your halloween name.

Anonymous said...

... oh and good luck at the dentist hun xxx

Schokti said...

Good luck at the dentist, Carol!

Dawn T. said...

I love the purple fabric! Very pretty. Good luck at the dentist tomorrow.