Thursday, November 17, 2005

Wisdom, the final dragon, is now finished

... Now all that is left to do on Legends of the Dragons is to finish up that busy knotwork border... yay!

I had a little good luck on ebay today - I got Bedtime Prayer Sampler and the beads for Santa's Magic... Someone left feedback in my blog a day or so ago about finding deals on ebay... she said she could not find the ones like I do... well, no, I surely don't bid on them all and I don't scoop them up before others do. Auctions are there for all to bid on, and I hardly win them all. To get a bargain, just be diligent and key in all the possible words you can think of. If you see an auction for a lot of charts that does not list designer names in the title of the auction, I would say to check it out - that is often where the good stuff is :-) I have found rare OOP charts by top designers in such auctions in the past - especially older Drawn Thread charts. Just a tip, if you want to check it out. And, the seller I got the lot of Mirabilia charts from last week has yet another lot of them up right now - they are there to be easily found, just key Mirabilia into the search box and surf :-) Good luck!! It's fun!!!!

Well, after my novacaine wore off last night, I realized that the right side of my tongue took quite a beating during the prep for two crowns on my lower right (teeth 30 and 31, I have learned - LOL!). Now my tongue is so sore, feels scraped or scratched or even a little torn up from all the nudging of the drills and other instruments. Yucky - I spent the whole day on ibuprofen, and likely will tomorrow too. My teeth, however, feel just fine :-)

Stitched on today: 17th Century Irish Garden (finally a few minutes for it at work today) and Legends of the Dragons

9 comments:

Anne S said...

Oh gawd, that doesn't sound too nice about your tongue, you poor thing! I'm really pleased to see Legends finally finished (except the border) 'cos I've loved seeing to grow ... but I'm also very very sad, as that means it'll soon be moved away from the blog in it's life of finished-dom {sigh} ;) It really does look fantastic!

Kitty Couture said...

Congrats on your progress on Wisdom! Wow! It looks stunning!

Sorry to hear about your tongue though... :o( Hope the Ibuprofen does its job and you won't be in too much pain today :(

Unknown said...

Wisdom looks amazing! Your pictures are so much clearer than mine! I think your picture looks more detailed than my actual piece does in person :)

I do hope your tongue heals up, a friend at work just got a few shots of novacaine and as it wore off the place where the put the shots started to hurt...

Anonymous said...

Good progress on your dragons and good recovery on your teeth. I hope all will go fast for you without having to spend too much money. Ann.

mainely stitching said...

I'm almost sad that Wisdom is done because now I won't get to look at it anymore :-(. But it turned out so beautifully - you must be very pleased.

My dentist always used some sort of plastic thingie to keep my tongue out of the way - uncomfortable, but certainly better than what you seem to be going through. Hope you'll be better too!!

Vash said...

He looks wonderful Carol. I've had these three dragons on my "To Be Stitched" list for years.... must really get around to stitching them someday, your finish does lots to inspire me to start them.

Congrats!

Dawn T. said...

Legends is looking awesome! You have done a great job on them. I hope your tongue gets to feeling better.

Have a great weekend

Juanita said...

You're dragon looks great! Congrats on finishing him (or is it her?). Hope your mouth is feeling better soon.

Kiwi Jo said...

Legends is awesome!! All that confetti stitching was so worth it (easy for me to say huh!). Hope your tongue feels better soon