Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It's a four day weekend!!

It seems pretty timely tonight to pull out Celtic Winter, as it is getting to be quite wintry out now. So cold, and snow is expected.... I had fun stitching her again tonight - I really love working on the border :-)

Q. Do you always sign your projects? If not, why? If so, do you use your first name, initials or what?

A. Surprisingly, no, I don't. I have personal reasons for this. Hard to explain. I just don't much care to sign my projects, with the sole exception of when a chart calls for name, date, initials.... I do often sign and date the back of framing, but I don't care to put it in the actual needlework. Modesty, that's it.

I got in some stash today, but forgot to photograph it. I will probably do that tomorrow night, depending on how long we are in Massachusetts for the holiday. I switched my Silkweaver Fabric of the Month option a couple of weeks ago from the 32 ct jobelan solos to the Expressions belfast fat quarters. I got my first one in today - Golden Promise. It is very pretty, and I am pleased with the decision to change my option for a while. I figure I have more than enough jobelan solos right now :-)

Stitched on today: Celtic Winter

9 comments:

Running Kiwi said...

Funny enough Carol, I think the border is my least liked part of my Celtic lady! LOL - your's is looking great :) ... I'm another non-signing stitcher - not sure why, I've just never really done it. Your finished Dragons (can't think of the name now) look stunning!

Sasha Farina said...

your Celtic Lady is looking very nice! signing wise.. sometimes i do, sometimes i don't... it just doesn't matter to me, so most of the time i forget LOL.

Kitty Couture said...

She's looking lovely Carol. Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend! It is really cold in France too now! Brrr!

I'm like Harsha as regards signing... I often foret! I sign when it's a gift so we remember the occasion (I stitch "For x - Isabelle/Zabelle"). Signing at the back of the frame is a great idea.

Shelleen said...

Celtic Winter is just lovely. Keep up the great progress.

Anonymous said...

As regards to signing, I think I've only signed one and I did it in such a way that you would have to look really close to see it. I'm like you, I often make a note on the frame instead. Celtic Winter is looking stunning.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving weekend.

Unknown said...

We got snow last night and I could not believe it. Seems too early for snow! CW looks beautiful!

mainely stitching said...

I love these Celtic ladies! Wow.

As for signing, I do it for specific gifts when it doesn't interrupt the pattern too much, and for charity when it is required. Indeed, it's modesty.

Bastet said...

CW is coming along nicely. Eventually I'll be able to do a rotation again...

Dani - tkdchick said...

She's looking great Carol, I imagine you'll have her done in about 2 months.